It's an Emergency!
Learn about the use of sound in emergency situations and create your own personalized emergency whistle!
In this activity, students will learn about the use of sound in emergency situations and create their own personalized emergency whistle!
Duration: Up to 2 40-minute sessions
Difficulty Level: Beginner
Group or Individual: Groups
By the end of the course students will:
- Understand and explain how sound travels and use relevant vocabulary such as amplify, sound wave, decibel, and wave length.
- Understand and describe how to respond to emergency situations safely
- Transform an abstract design into a 3D printed object that works
- Connect science and social studies by exploring the use of sound in emergency situations
- blank paper
- 3D Printer filament for printing (and scheduled time on the printer)
- 3D printer such as the Cubicon Single+
- slicing software such as Cubicreator or Simplify3D
- licensed CAD software such as Fusion 360, Inventor, TinkerCAD or SolidWorks
- computer and mouse for each student
- Familiarity with TinkerCAD or other 3D printing software
NOTE: This course is recommended for students 12 years of age and older.