Learn about flight and create your own 3D printed plane!
In this activity, students will learn about how objects fly and create/test a 3D printed plane!
Duration: Up to (2) 40-minute sessions
Difficulty Level: Intermediate
Group or Individual: Group
By the end of the course students will:
- Investigate the history of flight - how did humans end up in the air?
- Turn a design into a printed object that flies
- Apply geometric principles to dimension and measure irregular shapes or difficult lines
- Consider how flight and transportation impact the human experience
- blank paper
- 3D Printer filament for printing (and scheduled time on the printer)
- 3D printer such as the Cubicon Single+
- slicing software such as Cubicreator or Simplify3D
- licensed CAD software such as Fusion 360, Inventor, TinkerCAD or SolidWorks
- computer and mouse for each group
- Familiarity with TinkerCAD or other 3D printing software