Mission on Mars
One Small Step, One Giant Leap!
Challenge your students to collaboratively plan, design and market inventions for life on Mars!
Duration: Up to (6) 40 minute sessions
Difficulty Level: Advanced
Group or Individual: Group
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Apply a design process, other problem-solving techniques, and related concepts and principles, as appropriate, to plan construction projects and develop solutions for construction problems and challenges
- Create and interpret drawings of residential and light commercial construction projects
- Determine, use, and communicate accurate technical data for construction projects
- Plan systems for residential and/or light commercial buildings
- Apply the mathematical skills required in designing, laying out, and preparing estimates for residential and light commercial construction projects.
- blank paper
- 3D printing software
- glue, tape
- 3D printer
- filament for 3D printer
- computers and internet access
- cardboard/construction paper
- Familiarity with TinkerCAD or other 3D printing software